Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Boutonnieres

So yesterday I was trolling around the Internet, as you do, and I came across this post from Offbeat Bride: Bad-ass Boutonnieres.
I had never really given them any thought, but now I'm intrigued...what to do? Give them a broach as in the first picture, a traditional single flower, a flower with something fun...I kinda like the lego idea...or feathers even?
I have just stumbled upon Fritts Rosenow (the link send you to the sci-fi slide show) that have possibly the BEST Boutonnieres EVER! Some of the others are gems like this:
                        
 Aren't those great? I think dad would be tickled to wear either one of those, and there was a C3P0 that Rob would love to wear I'm sure...

The website didn't say anything about cost, and I know that they're probably expensive because they're custom, but they truly are A-MAZE-Balls! The other thought I had, in keeping with the modern/romantic/touch of Mickey idea is something like this:

He's just so cute! The flower isn't the right color, but the idea is there. It's a Disney Pin, as in a pin trading pin. I thought it would be kind of neat to have the groom's men wear these because they'd be a little bit of Disney. The problem is: I doubt they'll be big enough. To top it off, as much fun as it would be to have each of the boys wearing princess pins, I don't think these guys would do that, even for little 'ol me.





I think what may end up happening is that this will be a DIY project. As in, do something that is like the really neat Fritts Rosenow examples, but probably look like they were done by Moi. Who knows I might just safety pin bottle caps to their lapels and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment