Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Wedding Diet

Alright, So I realize that almost EVERY bride, that I have read about/talked to/heard about has done some sort of diet, ranging a minor change in what they eat and some close to the wedding working out to a crazy crash diet and manic work out routine that is just, well, crazy.
I am no different.  My level on the craziness/manic scale is low because I have um around 2/3 years (2010-2012), what catapults me to a bit higher on the scale is that I'm shooting to loose around 120lbs(from 274-154).  I know I can do it. I'm inspired, and I really don't want to be a marshmallow walking down the aisle. (I'm ridiculously pale, and the only thing  that would differentiate my skin from the dress will be the freckles.)
I'm already 20lbs down from my original amount from 140lbs. The rest is going to be helped by Curves, Weight Watchers, and a love of 5K runs. I think the link that has been missing thus far is the diet.
I have been successful on Weight Watcher before, so I'm returning to it on the online version, because of restrictions with my schedule.  I was doing the Curves plan, but after doing one cycle of 1200 calories for 1 week, 1500 for 3 weeks, and 2000 (normal) for 4-6 weeks, I couldn't get myself to go back to the beginning again. Yes I lost weight, but it just wasn't the kind of program that I could stick with because I dreaded returning to the first week again.
So in 2 days, I'm in the swing of points again, and have been things that are normal for me, just limiting snacking and my portions. Let's see how it pans out next Wednesday when I hop on the scale again. I also have a leg up on this program because I have exactly 9 Weight Watchers cook books, all 3 Hungry Girl cookbooks, a few other light cooking books, and I am a member of the Hungry Girl email list.
This blog will not be my weight lost log (that's why I did WW online), but it will have triumphs on it, because losing the weight ties to the wedding because it is the vain reason for pushing back the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment