Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dessert and Cake

I've been thinking with my sweet tooth. 
Rob doesn't LOVE cake.  He barely eats it to be honest. He likes rum cake and tres leches, but neither of those really work well in a cake (maybe Rum will).  So, in light of that, I have had a great idea.  This will hopefully also cut down on cost in the long run (I hope).


So here it goes:
We'll have a lovely small 2 or 3 tier cake for cutting, and a desert and candy bar in liue of a groom's cake and a HUGE bridal cake.  The dessert bar will have sheet cake (or cup cakes) in the flavors of the bridal cake-(I'm thinking carrot cake and red velvet cake because those are my absolute favorites. Also I think cream cheese icing can be put under fondant), chocolate fountains with fruit, assorted baked goods, and vases filled with candy.  We're going to also DIY containers for guests to put candy in as favors to take home. Here's some visuals of what I'm thinking about. I'm thinking simple with flowers cascading down.
Here's an idea:

Found Here from Martha Stewart
Imagine it with the top layer, and the bottom one or two layers taken off, and the flowers we're going to use in the wedding.

Then again, I like this cake too (esp. since it's blue and I think the scroll work fits with the venue):

Another Good One from Martha
Again, I would take the two bottom layers off.
Here's something more my speed (add flowers, do the scrolling in navy and we're good to go!):

Found at the Knot
This one is also lovely (I LOVE the blue butterflies!) It would be a good size:
Another from the Knot


Beside that, we're going to something a kin to this:


Found at the Knot

This will be beside the cake, and the varity of baked goods including the chocolate fountain(s) that Rob wants.  So much sweet stuff to think about.

I want a list of what I need to figure it out because I'm so afraid I'll forget something.  On the other hand, I feel like I'm the only one thinking about this and wanting to get this off the ground and started.  I'm sailing a ship alone that can't be sailed by one person. I know Rob tells me he wants it, but he hasn't done ANYTHING in the way of acting on things.  It's ALL talk and very limited at that, I just want him to tell his parents, perferably BEFORE we put a deposite on the VENUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment