Friday, June 24, 2011

Invitations

So, having fallen in LOVE with a wonderful stationary store, Paper Source, I have been looking at invitations, and thought I would share a few.  (Rob even chose one!)  Since we would really like to have the reception at a museum, I think that a really structural or art deco type of vibe. 
The following are all from Paper Source-plus we would do most of the script in a darker blue with lighter blue accents.


Option One:

I love the extra scrolling on this one, and I like the idea of making the script and circle a teal color and the scroll work a light blue or pool color.

Option Two (Rob's Choice):
Honestly, he did really good-I really do like it.  I just can't see how a more traditional wording would working (i.e. Mr. and Mrs. Charles Brawner along with Mr. and Mrs. Jon Lutter invite you to the marriage of their children Katherine and Robert etc.).  I suppose we would work with the stationer to figure it out.  Again, the light blue would stay as it is, and instead of black it would be a dark teal.


Option Three (Rob kind of likes this one too)


I like this one because of the colonial feel, and again the color is the dark teal I like.  I think the text will be navy.  This is somewhat more girly, and much more formal.

The only thing is that these lovely lovely things are very very expensive-more than a dollar a piece.  When you're anticipating sending out hundreds of invitations and announcements, that adds up QUICK.  Since it's ultimately a piece of paper, we might be DIYing these little babies-check out the next post on Rob's ideas for invitations (and further proof that if it was in his hands this would be LutterCon 2012)

Love ya babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment