Monday, May 3, 2010

Pictures

So part of what I love about the Disney Weddings I've seen are the portraits around the resort.  I'm well aware of the rules concerning large puffy dresses in the parks, and that's not really what I want. I want fun portraits of us around Pop Century (where we met), around Raglan Road (where we ended our first date), and of us in EPCOT (the last park we visited before I returned to Texas).  They'll be engagement portraits(I hope) that will have the magic that I want to share with my guests at my wedding and later to my home. I also would like to go back after the wedding and take pictures, but it will be of us in our reception outfits which will not be a tux and big princess-y dress, but probably a nice Hawaiian shirt and chinos for him, and a shorter white dress for me.
I personally love the idea of "trash the dress" and fully intended to take my big princess-y dress from Austin to CC and take pictures by the bay, on my parent's sailboat, on the beach, and maybe the aquarium. I like the idea of having fun pictures in these places. I want to take those kinds of pictures in Austin as well.
Let's just say, I'm not 100% on if I'm going to save it for my daughter, because wedding dresses are expensive things really and I wouldn't want to just wear it once and have it sit in a closet to maybe be worn again. I might donate it for someone else,  or hold on to it till my daughter makes her decision and then donate it if she doesn't want it.  Sigh, that's to much planning that's WAY far away from now. I'll cross that road when I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment